[close]

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Microsoft Office 2007 configuration process problem -Part 1 (MS Word,Powerpoint)

| |
<Content Page>
» Microsoft Office 2007 configuration process problem -Part 1 (MS Word & Powerpoint)

[Last updated on 02/04/2009,Fri]


The first time I got this problem is when I install a Office 2003 into my desktop and my laptop where both have Office 2007 installed. Both can open documents with MS Word 2003. However, it can't open the latest format such as docx( if I didn't remember wrong). I try to open with MS Word 2007 and always got the "configuration dialog" whenever I open document with MS Word 2007. I uninstall MS Word 2003 and it didn't solve. I even uninstall and install Office 2007 but the problem still exists.


I Google the problem and hoped that I can find out what causes the problem. At least, I found it but is not really a solution. It says that no 2 different version of MS Office can be install in the same system at the same time. I think this is quite stupid as THIS IS MS own products and they are not compatible with different version?


However I managed to find out 1 solution and thought of another solution when I am typing this post.

SOLUTION 1:
Do a system restore to the last good restore point when you have not install MS Office 2003.

SOLUTION 2:
Simply run the following commands (by pressing the Windows Key+R or typing it into the Start/Run command box. Use the line with Office\11.0 if you have Office 2003 installed and Office\12.0 if you have Office 2007 installed. You can use both if you have both installed :

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1


Office 2007 might want to have one more spin round the block with it's configuration dialog box, but that should be it. But as for me, I do not have that configuration dialog box after I add the command to my registry.

After that, I managed to open my Word but my Excel have the "stdole32.tlb error" whenever I open it in my laptop. But for my desktop, I do not have that problem. If any of you have other
Microsoft Office products problem, you might want to consider trying the below solutions:

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Option s /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\Opt ions /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1


If your MS Excel still have problem like me, proceed to Part 2 solution.



<Back To Content Page>

0 comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Popular Posts