[close]

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Browser display problem on facebook

| |
<Content Page> Content page >Browser display problem on facebook
[Last updated 08/10/2009, Thu]


(Click the image to increase the size)

Have you have the same problem as shown above? My friend once told me he had the problem. But then, I didn't experience it before, I don't know how to solve it.
Then one day, I got the same problem as him. I thought Firefox was corrupted. So I went to download a new copy of it. At the mean time I was waiting the download to finish. I launch Google Chrome to view Facebook. To my surprised, Google Chrome showed me the same problem.

I went to the side and think about it. I observed that I got this problem when I'm using a wireless broadband with a speed of 7.2mbps and when I used a wired connection with 100mbps, I didn't not get this problem ever. My conclusion is maybe the "data" did not download finish, that's why I got this display problem. At first, I use Ccleaner to delete the temp files, etc. The 1st few times, i managed to solve this problem. But sometimes, the problem still there. I even try F5 or refresh, which it did not work.

Solutions:
Press Ctrl + F5 and you will get the problem solve!

If still can't solve it and you are still using wireless, try changing the position of the
router/mobile broadband and Press Ctrl + F5.


Some things to think about:

Q: What’s the difference between hit “F5” and “Ctrl + F5” in browser?

A: F5 may give you the same page even if the content is changed, because it may load the page from cache. But Ctrl + F5 forces a cache refresh, and will guarantee that if the content is changed, you will get the new content by re-downloading the content.


References:
Tay Fu Zhong
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/385367/whats-the-difference-between-hit-f5-and-ctrl-f5-in-browser


<Back to homepage>

<Back To Content Page>

0 comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Popular Posts